The skin is the largest organ in our body, so it’s no surprise that as we age, it starts to show here. Peptides are one of the most effective ways to fight the signs of aging. They can be found in anti-aging serums, anti-aging skincare, and anti-wrinkle face creams. The beauty industry has been on a mission for years to find alternative methods of anti-aging products, so now there are more options available than ever before.
What Are Peptides?
Peptides are chains of amino acids — the building blocks that make up proteins. They are found in all living things and help to do everything from sending signals in the brain to regulating an organ’s functions, like your skin.
Here are 5 quick benefits of ensuring peptides are an ingredient in your beauty products:
- Peptides help maintain moisture levels in the skin. If you’ve ever had dry patches on your skin, you know how uncomfortable it can be. Peptides are used in anti-aging serums to preserve moisture levels. They do this by blocking the enzymes which lead to water loss in the skin.
- Peptides reduce inflammation and irritation. There is a reason that peptides are the go-to for those who suffer from eczema and rosacea. These conditions cause inflammation in the skin which results in red, itchy patches. Peptides can lessen inflammation and irritation to help heal the skin by sending messages to the body when applied that the skin needs assistance to recover.
- They are beneficial for acne-prone skin. Acne is one of the most common skin issues today. Acne-prone skin can be caused by many factors, but it usually results in patches of skin that are inflamed and covered with blackheads or whiteheads. Peptides can be found in anti-acne products to help heal and prevent breakouts.
- Peptides promote collagen production. Collagen is the protein that keeps skin looking plump and youthful. The body produces less of this as we age, but peptides can help to keep your skin looking its best by plumping up wrinkles, fine lines, and improving the elasticity of the skin to keep it looking youthful and fresh. When your body does not have the assistance of peptides to combat the aging process, you can end up with less desirable aging features such as drooping skin, wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, sagging eyelids, sunken cheeks, and more.
- Peptides protect against environmental damage. The sun is the number-one cause of skin damage. It causes wrinkles and age spots when exposed to UV rays for too long. Peptides are found in sunscreen and anti-aging moisturizers to protect against UV damage.
As you can see, there are several benefits to incorporating peptides into your beauty products. They’re a great addition to your anti-aging routine and can help you keep looking youthful for longer.
For more information on beauty solutions to preserve your skin’s health, visit Organic Cosmetica’s website, or find out why our Fresh Face Age-Defying Night Serum and Bodacious Age-Defying Body Oil are currently trending solutions.